Effective Date: JANUARY 16th, 2020
SMIX is a service provider of Internet streaming media, offering service for discovering and watching digitized versions of movies and television series. This service, including all features and functionalities, website, and user interfaces, as well as all content and software associated with it, are referred to collectively as the “SMIX Services”.
If you do not consent, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ANY PERSONAL DATA. Please also do not submit personal data of other individuals to us through this website and/or any Access Point unless you have obtained their express consent for you to do so. We shall be entitled to deem and/or assume that you have duly obtained such consent if you submit personal data of other individuals to us through this website and/or any of our Access Points.
A. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER INFORMATION
We may collect the following personal data from or about you and your activities when you use the SMIX Services:
- Information You Provide To Us. Examples may include your name, email address, birth date, gender, telephone number, payment method and credit card information. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We collect information regarding you and your interactions with us and our advertising, your use of our service, applications, websites, and customer service, as well as information regarding your computer or other devices used to access our service (such as mobile devices and smart TVs). This information may include:
- Your activity on the SMIX Services, such as title selections, watch history, search queries, your favorite movie genre, your favorite actor/actress and your movie list;
- Details regarding your interactions with customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number;
- Device IDs or unique identifiers, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address and standard web log information;
- Any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you send to us, including responses to questionnaires or through postings to SMIX Services or SMIX website.
- Information From Your Social Networking Account. If you choose to connect one or more social networking accounts (such as Facebook) with your SMIX account, upon your consent, we will obtain information from your social networking account, such as your name and other basic profile information.
B. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- Payment Information. We only use payment information, such as credit card numbers, as necessary for completing a particular transaction or fulfilling a service (for example, processing payments from our subscribers) and to prevent abuse of the SMIX Services.
- Promotional Communications. We may use your information to:
- Provide you with information about SIMX's features, services, and other offerings that may be of interest to you; or
- Provide you with information, promotional announcements, or special offers that are related to the SMIX Services on behalf of SMIX's business partners.
- Recommendations and Advertising. We and service providers acting on behalf of us and our business partners may use the information collected from or about you, including your use of SMIX Services, to provide recommendations and advertisements on the SMIX Services and elsewhere.
C. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share the information collected from or about you with the following parties:
- Third Party Business Partners. We may share the information collected from or about you with our business partners, including advertisers and other companies that are not affiliated with SMIX, in aggregated or non-personally identifiable forms. Otherwise, except when such business partners are acting on our behalf or when you have provided your information as part of a co-branded promotion, we will obtain your consent before we share your contact information with them so that they may send you promotional information about their products and services directly.
- Service Providers. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process and limit fraud in connection with credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. We may also share aggregate information with advertisers about the volume of use on the SMIX Services, the specific SMIX content in which users are most interested, and the effectiveness of advertisements viewed on the SMIX Services. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to the information collected from or about you. We do not authorize them to use or disclose the information collected from or about you except in connection with providing their services.
D. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We use reasonable physical, technical, administrative and managerial measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. For example, passwords and other sensitive information are encrypted in transit. We also take steps to ensure that only those SMIX employees, agents, and contractors who have a legitimate business reason may access to your information.
When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card information on our order forms), we encrypt that information using secure sockets layer technology (SSL), an industry standard protocol for billing transmission in order to help protect the financial information you send us. We reserve the right to use other technologies to protect your financial information based on the progress of industry standard protocol.
Despite these efforts, unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it. By using our service, including our website and user interfaces, or providing information to us through any means, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the SMIX Services.
E. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
We may, in connection with the purposes set out in Sections B and C above, transfer your personal data to the SMIX group of Companies, Third Party Business Partners and/or Service Providers located in Singapore and/or other jurisdictions as is necessary to facilitate the provision of SMIX Services to you. When transferring personal data outside of Singapore, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the privacy and security of your personal data is accorded a standard of protection comparable to the protection under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
F. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your personal data for as long as is needed to provide the SMIX Services to you. We may retain and use personal data for as long as is necessary as required by law or for other legitimate business purposes including complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements.
H. COOKIES, WEB BEACONS, AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
We and Service Providers that provide services to us and our Third Party Business Partners, use a variety of technologies to learn more about how people use the SMIX Services and the Internet. This section provides more information about some of those technologies and how they work.
- Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization. Cookies enable us to make your use of the SMIX Services more enjoyable.
We and Service Providers that provide services to us and our Third Party Business partners may use the following types of cookies:
- Performance And Functionality Cookies. These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with SMIX. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during registration). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors' use of the SMIX Services so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our service.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies use information about your visit to any websites in order to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called "Interest-Based Advertising." Many of the advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
- Web Beacons. We and Service Providers that provide services to us and our business partners, may also use technologies that communicate information from your Internet browser or the SMIX video player to a web server, including so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”). Pixel Tags, which can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Pixel Tag, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Pixel Tag was viewed. Pixel Tags are used, in conjunction with cookies, to improve your SMIX experience, including to provide you with content, customized to your interests.
If you no longer want to receive communications from us via email or SMS, please complete the following steps to cancel your subscription. For promotional e-mails, please find the 'unsubscribe' button in the footer of any promotional email of SMIX, enter your email address. For SMS promotional messages, please contact our customer service and provide us with your name, account number, and mobile number. Your mobile number will be removed from the list and you will not receive any promotional messages from SMIX.
J. ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
You can access to, correct or update your personal data by visiting the "My Account" portion of our website, where you have the ability to access and update a broad range of information about your account.
You may also ask us to delete personal information if it is no longer needed to provide the service to you. To do this, or if you have any other question regarding our privacy practices, please contact us via certified mail or email to our Service Center at the address stated in “Contacting Us” section below.
K. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
L. CONTACTING US